Friday, September 28, 2012

Canary Love

Hello everybody! (Whenever I say that I have Grover from Sesame Street saying it in my head, is that weird? BTW: The Monster at the End if This Book about Grover is a really fun book for young kids). Anyways, I really wanted to get a card in for the Wild Orchid Craft challenge this week, yet it was Autumn colors and I don't do well with those. But, I noticed a beautiful WOC DT project that used gold/yellow and blue. I thought it was perfect for me, especially since I live here in beautiful San Diego and fall is still about sunshine and ocean!  I used the Papertake Weekly sketch, which I really love!

After coloring the cute image from Saturated Canary, I realized the colors are San Diego Charger colors. How perfect, yet corny!

Colored with Copics and I really tried hard on the hair. I was going for the look that the very talented Alyce over at Kit and Clowder does with her hair. Love it! She is an amazing colorist! I distressed my white WOC roses with Wild Honey and misted with my own Pearl Ex mist and used Liquid Pearls on the corners and the   sentiment. The sentiment is held on with a paper clip thingy for the Saturated Canary Challenge, but I forgot WOC only allows two other challenges:( 

Hope you all like it and have a fab weekend!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts (Autumn Colors)
Papertake Weekly (sketch #72)

6 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, you certainly learned well from Alyce--the hair looks fabulous, as does the rest of your coloring! This is such a darling card--love the design, papers, stitching, colors (even if they are Chargers' colors, LOL), die cuts and embellies!
    Hugs, Penny
    (Go Cardinals!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully colored image. Sweet card and lovely details! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning card. Beautifully coloured and the hair looks fabulous.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card, fabulous colouring.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great creation! Thanks for playing along at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is beautiful sweetie! Congrats on your WOC win:)
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete