Monday, November 5, 2012

Pink Winter Fairy

Here is my cute, pink "Winter Fairy Talva"by Mo Manning! I was able to put her on a card AND do the laundry! That's always a good day! 


I used My Mind's Eye Madison paper pad, my Silhouette for the die cuts and Wild Orchid Crafts for the metal corner which I painter with Picket Fence dabber and a smear of glossy accents for some shine! I distressed some of the paper and inked the edges of others with Spun Sugar and Tattered Rose Distress Inks. The sentiment was computer generated, since I don't have Christmas sentiment stamps yet :( I think I'll add some more distress ink around the sentiment now that I am looking at the picture. I don't know if it shows up much, but I snow white glittered the big snowflakes edges (wish I had put more). The image received the same treatment as the aqua version with both glitters.

Copics E50, 51, 53 & colorless blender hair; E50, 00, 11, R20 skin; RV000, R81, 83, 85 for clothes and C0 for shadow


Did I mention how I just luuve this image! So cute! Oh dear, I might just "have to get" her sister Halla, too! I love the idea of a pink Christmas card and I know exactly which lover of pink will be receiving it! 
Thanks for looking and please leave a comment. I enjoy feedback and I read every comment! 

P.S. I swear I have seen people use some fluffy stuff for snow and such instead of glitter and I would really like to know what it's called and where to get it. So, if anyone can enable this craft addict, please let me know!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show (French Inspiration)
Wild Orchid Challenge (Bling it On)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts (Pink, Pearls and Lace)

9 comments:

  1. Awww, Danielle, she's so sweet! Your card is just gorgeous@ Love the coloring, die cuts, inking, papers, & embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at Bunny Zoe's crafts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is absolutely gorgeous!
    hugs
    chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, your wintery card is so pretty! I also love your stamped and colorized image! That little snow fairy is adorable! Love how you've colorized her so perfectly to coordinate with your papers of the card. The snowflakes are also such a nice embellishment! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a darling image!!! I'm in love! Congrats on the new DT position!! Can't wait to see what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danielle! I absolutely adored this card! Talva is one of my favorite Mo images...and I especially love this winter card in PINK! Your coloring is beautiful! So glad you've joined us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pink! Mo's fairies are so awesome and seeing this one in pink is such a nice change. Beautifully designed card. :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pink fary, she brings good luck in winter time for me, for you, for everybody.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Christmas in pink, oh so cuuute card, love it very much !
    Have a nice day !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete