Sunday, January 6, 2013

Make a Wish

****Scroll to the next post to see my debut post for Kenny K's Krafty Krew*****

It is time again for another wonderful challenge at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge

This week's challenge is a…
“Don’t Be SQUARE!”

For this week's challenge you will create a card that is NOT square!  Be creative!  Oh…and don’t forget to STAMP!  After all…we don’t call this the STAMPtacular Sunday Challenge for nothing!      
You will have from now until midnight (EST) January 12th, 2013 to complete this challenge and post a DIRECT LINK to your submission into our InLinkz in order to be entered into the drawing for this week's fabulous prize donated by:
PRIZE:  Winner’s Choice of TWO SHEETS of Digis!

I always struggle with shaped cards. I figure it is because I am very traditionalist, I really like the look of a square card! I looked all over the internet for inspiration and had a hard time finding a shape I could grow to like and want to spend time on decorating. Finally, I came across a few and the flower shaped ones caught my eye as being perfect for the image I had colored and ready to go! So, without anymore complaining, here is my card:


I can't get enough of Mo Manning images lately! This is "Make a Wish". She is just so, so cute!! The paper pad in MME Indie Saffron. I got a really good deal on it as it probably is an older pad, but to me it is new, fresh and I am loving it! I have a mix of Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and a doily as my only real embellies. I did add some glitter glue to the Dandelions. I distressed the edges of the paper with my scissors and inked the yellow papers with Wild Honey and the sentiment stamp with Tumbled Glass. The sentiment is   
from Whimsy Stamps and I just realized I have the die to cut it out! Duh!! I just used my scissors this time! Geez, I guess I didn't need the die like I thought I did!


Look at how sweet she is! 

So that's my non-square card, now show me yours! Stop by the blog to get some more inspiration and join in the fun this week! And, please leave a comment, I love to hear from you!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Mo's Digital Challenge (Anything Goes with a Mo image)
Wild Orchid Crafts (Anything Goes)
Simon Says Stamps (New Something-image)




7 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love that it is not a square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, you made a fabulous shaped card! I love it! Such a great shape, wonderful papers, colors, & embellies, and that darling image is beautifully colored! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this flower shaped card and the sweet image you used...great colors too. Thanks for playing along with the Something New Challenge over at the Simon Says Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower shape for this card is just perfect for this Mo image. So glad you played along with us this week at Mo's.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danielle.
    This is a wonderful card and I love those colours. Your colouring is superb sweetie.
    Hugs Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning sweetie, this is just fabulous, thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea the flower-shape. Your coloring is perfect all around makes an adorable look !
    Greetings from Austria
    Helga

    ReplyDelete