Sunday, December 30, 2012

Doilies Galore!

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful time over the the holidays with family and friends! I sure did! We had a whirlwind of activities which included Christmas parties, my eldest having a birthday (the big 8!), then of course Christmas Eve and Christmas! It was only hampered by the flu as it made its way through me and three of my four kids! Hubby got away scott free!! Anywho, I was busy as I am sure all of you were, so I am proud to say I was able to make a couple cards, one of which I am sharing to day for the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

The challenge is to use: Doilies! I guess my title gives it away, he he! Meljens Designs is our sponsors and they are offering the winner four digis of their choice! So, without further ado here is my card!


I really like how light and bright it is. I was in the mood for banners, so I made a bunch of strips and moved them around until I was happy. I really like this paper pad, but of course I don't know the name. I will have to add it later! Wild Orchid Craft flowers to embellish and a few pearls and it's a card!


The image is "Wryn" by Tiddly Inks, so cute! Colored with Copics and the sentiment is stamped with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink! I use regular printer paper for my images since my husband prints them out at work, so you can see a glare in her hair where the paper wouldn't take anymore ink :(  I really need to break down and by some real blending paper! One day, maybe. 

Well, that's it! I hope you all enjoy this card as much as I do! Don't forget to stop by Stamptacular Sunday to see what my other teammates have created with doilies! And, join in, I would love to see what you all come up with!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamps (Anything Goes)
Cute Card Thursday (Anything Goes)
Charisma Cardz (Anything Goes)
Bunny Zoes Crafts (Celebration)

4 comments:

  1. Danielle, I am sorry to hear that you & your kids got sick over the holiday! Bummer! Hope you all stay healthy for the rest of the winter!
    Love this precious card--your image is so sweet & beautifully colored. Love your paper & banners & pretty flowers!
    Happy New Year! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet.. love the colors! Hope your family is feeling better soon. :) Thanks for joining us in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Fabulous image , colours and design. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, colours are delish. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete