Friday, May 9, 2014

Naunet

Good afternoon! It's my turn this week to share my card using a fun Mo's Digital Pencil image and today I have colored up the beautiful, Naunet!
Tropical mermaid card using Prima and Mo's Digital Pencil Naunet digital image
I have used an old Prima paper pad, Alla Prima. The flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts as well as the strung pearls. The pearls I bought a while back and didn't know what to do with them until this card. They reminded me of bubbles, which I thought was perfect for my tropical mermaid! I dyed some seam binding with Distress Ink Evergreen Bough. I muted the Yellow Orange flowers with gesso and I think I would've been happier with an extra layer. My Martha Stewart punch around the page for my shell border.
I usually like more muted colors but I think the bright colors suit Naunet perfectly!
Thanks for stopping by!
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Stunning card Danielle, the embellishments work wonderfully with Mo's new image, I love it.
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love your card! Gorgeous layers, colours, image, flowers......love it all! Have a lovely weekend!
    hugs Jo x
    p.s I have candy if you'd like to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. I just bought that digi today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I lurve your version of her!! I saw her on May 4th, coloured by someone else on M.D.T.
    This has got SO much to look at, as per usual.
    Always look forward to your cards Danielle whenever I get my daily Blog update emails. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaks! I will have to go and check out the other version now!, LOL!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! That shell border is perfect, and your colouring is wonderful!
    Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete