Sunday, October 28, 2012

Thinking of You

It's Sunday again and the challenge over at Stamptacular Sunday is "not just an ordinary card". No flat cards allowed! The sponsor of this challenge is Birdie Brown with the winner getting their choice of three digis! For this challenge I made an easel card, a style which I absolutely love but haven't done lately. I made it for my 89 years young Grandma who just had back surgery (not usually done on someone her age!). It was strange seeing her so helpless and immobile, since she is usually going, going, going! (I swear she can run circles around me), but she is doing really good considering. I made this for her to let her know that even though I don't visit as much as I'd like that I was still thinking of her and wishing her a quick recovery! 


I finally got my "big" Wild Orchid Crafts order last week and had to use some of my new flowers! I also won a challenge over at the Cupcake Craft Challenge a while back and received my beautiful Prima flowers from Crafts U Love and had to use some of those, too!
I used Prima Madeline papers and the image is of course "Whispy" from Saturated Canary colored with Copics. I added some glitter glue to her wings for some added glitz! The way I did the inside allows for my Grandmother to put the card at three different angles depending on what she wants: where I have pictured it, using the pearls as a stop, or using the sentiment frame as a stop.

 I really love this card style and can't wait to see what you all come up with for this "No Flat Card" challenge!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Totally Gorjuss (things with wings)
Paper Play (Butterflies & Bees or things with wings)
Papertake Weekly (Fireworks-glitter)
Creative Card Crew (fancy folds)
Whimsy Stamps (All things Sparkly)
Fussy and Fancy (Anything goes)


4 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Danielle, I love this card! The image is beautifully colored (LOVE SC images!), the color scheme is gorgeous, love the design the die cuts, and flowers! Great, great card! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super! i love your colours, and the colouring you've done on the picture. Also, your flowers are amazing!
    thanks for joining Fussy and Fancy
    -Laila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely project, thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete